When you visit a blog, and you take a look around, one thing looks pretty familiar from site to site – the sidebar.
The sidebar was created to help us navigate a blog or website.
While the categories, popular posts, news feed subscriptions, and archives might do a good service, it can still be rather challenging to navigate the blog, especially if there have been a lot of posts.
I’ve recently noticed that there are some gems of articles hidden within the Bring Birth Home Blog.
I wonder if our readers are finding them…because sometimes they’re hiding behind the “Older Entries” button at the bottom of a section.
Let’s face it, who likes to click and click around a site, spending more time searching for a particular article than reading?
That is why I have created this post - to create a clear and easy to follow road map, (think of it as a list of the Chapters at the beginning of a book!) for you to navigate the Bring Birth Home Blog all the easier. Now you’ll know just what you’re getting under each category.
Bookmark this post to get back to!
Why Birth Experience Matters Series
Description: A ten part series that describe exactly why birth experience matters to both mom and baby. The first half of the series tackles Birth Management and Intervention. The second is all about Creating a Peaceful Birth Experience.
- Introduction to Why Birth Experience Matters
- Birth Management & Interventions- Induction
- Birth Management & Interventions – Epidural
- Birth Management & Interventions – Cesarean Section
- Why Does Birth Experience Matter? Reactions
- Introduction to Creating a Peaceful Birth Experience
- Peaceful Birth – Choosing a Care Provider
- Peaceful Birth – Writing a Birth Plan
- Peaceful Birth – Natural Birth Relaxation Techniques
- Peaceful Birth – Home Birth
- Peaceful Birth – Healing After the Unexpected Childbirth
- Maximize Nourishment & Minimize Toxicity for a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Find a Home Birth Friendly Childbirth Education Class – a guest post
- Why Didn’t Anyone Tell Me? Self-Discoveries of New Mothers – a good read for pregnant women and new mothers
- Pregnant Moms: Stay Away From Bad News
- Pregnancy Update #1: Living for Three = One Tired Mommy
- Pregnancy Update #2: Finding Support
- Pregnancy Update #3: All We Need is Our Midwife
- Pregnancy Update #4: New Year, New Pregnancy Adventures
- Pregnancy Update #5: Overcoming Fear With Positive Thought
- Pregnancy Update #6: Enjoying Mama & Ella Time
The BBH Dad
- Help! I Want a Home Birth But Dad Doesn’t!
- How Dads Can Walk the Line & End Up in Favor of Home Birth
- What Would You Tell Your Child?
- How the Role of Male Natural Birth Advocates Positively Affected Our Home Birth Experience
- Why I Advocate for the Dad & Doula Relationship
Home Birth Safety
- Hospital Birth (Not Home Birth) – A Major Health Risk
- What to do When You’re Unable to Birth at Home
- Home Birth on Capitol Hill - a guest post
- Reflections of an Unassisted Home Birth – a guest post
- When Hospital Birth is Safer Than Home Birth
- A Guide to Home Birth for First Time Moms
- A Respectful Transfer Story From Home to Hospital – a guest post
Home Birth Advocacy
- Top Ten Reasons to Support Midwifery Licensure
- Home Birth – Brave Has Nothing To Do With It - a guest post
- Why I Want to Have a Home Birth – a guest post
- Top Ten Reasons Why Home Birth Results in a Better Birth Experience Than Hospital Birth
- Home Birthing Mothers Unite to Share Their Reasons for Loving Home Birth
- A Guide to Home Birth for First Time Moms
- “We’re Having a Homebirth!!” – A book for children
- How Home Birth Saved Me From Unnecessary Medical Intervention
- I am a Fearless Home Birth Advocate!
- I Wish I’d Stayed Home to Give Birth the First Time – a guest post
- Breastfeeding Carnival – video
- Breastfeeding Uncovered – A Peaceful Protest
- Nurturing the Nursing Mother
- How I Parent and Nurse at Night
- How Giving Birth at Home Positively Affected Breastfeeding
- Nourishing the Nursing Mother Tea – video
- Breastfeeding Came Naturally
- Wordless Wednesday – Family Nursing
- A Letter to Ella – “The Joy of Nursing”
- Nursing Love – a guest post
- Wearing Ella – Tips and Thoughts on Baby Carriers
- My Addiction to Babywearing – a guest post
- Wordless Wednesday – Babywearing Virtual Fashion Show
- Babywearing Fan Photos to Celebrate International Babywearing Week
- Holding My Baby Close to My Heart – A Journey to Co-sleeping – a guest post
- How I Saved the Family Bed! – video
- Mommy Wars – When Will it End?
- Perks of a Work From Home Mom & Dad
- Mother & Daughter Share Insightful Perspectives on Birth
- Special Announcement – Ella is Walking! (with video)
- A Letter to First Time Moms – Was There Life Before Baby?
- An Update in the Life – September 2010
- The World Needs a Band of Mothers
- The Hazy Transition to Motherhood
- Great Advice From the BBH Community
- My Road to Motherhood: From Angry Teen to Home Birthing, Attachment Parenting SAHM
BBH Video Blog
- Video 1 – Green Smoothies!
- Video 2 – Breastfeeding Carnival
- Video 3 – Re-opening the BBH Store to Celebrate World Breastfeeding Week
- Video 4 – How I Saved the Family Bed
- Video 5 – Home Birthing Comment Queens
- Video 5.5 (it’s short!) – I Love Making Bread
- Video 6 – Mama Goddess Birth Shop and BBH Co-sponsor Mid Michigan Breastfeeding Walk
- Video 7 – I’m Loving Nourishing the Nursing Mother Tea
The Bring Birth Home Store
Have you purchased any BBH logo merchandise? Or maybe you need some supplies for birth or just after birth? We have partnered with Mama Goddess Birth Shop to bring you nursing supplies and home birth kits!
Good Reads & Movies
I will be adding to this post as more articles are added! (and as I organize some of the messiness within this blog!)