Welcome to the third video in the frequently asked questions video series, “what if something goes wrong during home birth?”
Good Questions to Ask a Midwife During an Interview:
taken from Part 7 in the 9 Steps to Home Birth Prep BBH newsletter series
- Are you certified? Certified Nurse Midwives and Certified Professional Midwives should be able to produce proof.
- If you are unavailable when I go into labor, do you have a midwife back up? If so, can I meet her?
- Do you work with a doctor? Can I meet that doctor?
- What is your fee and do you accept any kind of insurance?
- At what point do you join me during my labor?
- Do you allow family/friends/doula to be present during my labor and birth?
- Do you encourage movement and positioning during labor?
- What is your transfer rate?
- What is your c-section rate?
- I have (or if I have) concerns handling pain, how will you help me cope? What are you suggestions?