Today’s post is a video blog and pregnancy update in one! Enjoy.
Now for that cake recipe…
Decadent & Healthy Chocolate Cake
- 1 15 oz. can unseasoned black beans
- 5 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted organic butter or extra virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup xylitol (I didn’t have this so I used 1/2 cup Sucant) + 3/4 tsp agave nectar
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp filtered water (I didn’t need to add this)
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9″ pan with coconut oil & dust with cocoa powder.
Place beans, (rinsed with cold water) 3 eggs, vanilla, agave and salt into blender. Blend until no chunks.
Mix together cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder.
In a large bowl, beat butter, (or coconut oil) with xylitol or sucant until fluffy. Add eggs & beat. Pour bean mixture in batter and mix. Pour in cocoa mixture last and beat on high until smooth.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is round and firm.
Decadent & Healthy Chocolate Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup xylitol (again I used Sucant)
- 5-6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- agave to taste
Cream butter in small bowl until fluffy. Powder xylitol or sucant in a coffee or nut grinder until a fine powder/dust. Stir sugar into butter until smooth. Slowly blend cocoa powder,vanilla and salt. Beat in coconut milk and add small amounts of agave to taste.
* I used salted butter and added no extra salt. The cocoa powder I used was also lightly sweetened so I didn’t add extra agave nectar.
Enjoy! This cake turned out fabulous!