Pregnancy

We’re Pregnant!

11 Comments 01 December 2010

Positive test – twice

9 weeks today!

A Note From the D-a-d

This blog was formed as a result of looking BACK at our Home Birth experience. Now we’re pregnant again, and we’re looking forward.

When you look back, there is nothing to fear. It’s already happened. We not only survived, but we thrived. Our Home Birth preparation and birth-day couldn’t have been better.

Katie felt strongly about telling this story, and building a Home Birth community around that story.

The one thing about looking back and retelling a story is that it’s your story to tell, and your message to control.¬†Now a new story is going to be told.

Katie is ready and poised to share. I’ll pop in here from time to time too.

But I’d be holding back if I didn’t honestly tell you that I’m not 100% comfortable with “putting our news out there” to the entire world.

I sometimes I concern over privacy. The shields will be lowered as Katie experiences and reports a story of her pregnancy — in real time.

I sometimes rather avoid bringing any attention to us¬†altogether. After all, we didn’t even tell members of our family when we gave home birth to Ella. So THIS is radically different.

And what about Ella? She’s now a part of the story too. This blog is as much her legacy as it is Katie’s. Two people that mean EVERYTHING to me.

But what am I to do about this concern? What am I to do about this unease? This is Katie’s blog. Katie’s passion. And this community belongs to her and you and everyone who participates. This community belongs to all of you who have a birth story to tell. And that cannot be denied.

So I’m supportive. And I trust. Trust is a form of LOVE.

I trust in Katie, and I trust in this community. Thank you, in advance, for your support and warmth.

1. Shannon says:

Congratulations! This is beautiful news. So excited for ALL of you! Blessings and love.

2. Amber says:

Congrats to the both of you! Such wonderful news!

3. Kathy says:

Congratulations, you two! And thank you for sharing this exciting news with us! Thank you for trusting us enough to share it! And to “the dad” – I truly appreciate your honesty and openness in telling how you feel at this moment. I commit to honoring your family and the feelings you share throughout this pregnancy. I trust that you will find the rest of this community responds similarly. Again, CONGRATULATIONS! I look forward to hearing from you on this journey.

4. CONGRATULATIONS!! That is SO exciting! I also completely understand your predicament as I’m heading down the same road… first I’m blogging openly and honestly about how I’m preparing my body for pregnancy and I’ll be continuing through pregnancy. I have some of the same fears and concerns but my desire to share my journey and to hopefully educate and inspire other women is stronger.

I wish you both all the best!

5. Danielle Greason says:

Congratulations Kaitlin, Eric & Ella!
    I am so excited for you all! The thought of your second child kept popping into my head randomly last week…now I know why. Enjoy the adventure.

6. Congratulations, All! Wonderful news for you and I eagerly anticipate the coming months for you! Enjoy the ride!

Katie & Eric – A second pregnancy is a blessing, but with the babies close(ish) together, it’ll be rough at first. Emma & I will be here to say “It gets better.” And you’re lucky, since Ella’s older than Emma is. I’ve been told that having babies around 2 years apart is wonderful. Congrats again!

8. Annie says:

So happy for you all! What a blessing. What a sweet and honest post by Eric–I totally get the concerns about privacy. One benefit (among the many) of putting yourselves out there through BBH is the huge-mongous amount of positive vibes and thoughts that will be flowing toward you all every day as we follow along with your experiences on here! See, I’m feeling oodles of them already, just this morning. :) Congratulations!!!!
    Annie

9. Gena Kirby says:

So happy for your family! I will be checking in and sharing on my site! How exciting for you, but moreover how exciting for the mommies you will inspire in REAL time. Thanks for the IMPORTANT work you and your husband are doing! I have had three children two at home, homebirth is So gratifying, I wish you the best.
    Gena

10. Huge congratulations!!

Looking forward to hearing of your adventures ahead.