I make this delicious and nutritious green smoothie for my honey and I every morning.
The original recipe came from the lovely Kris Carr of Crazy Sexy Life (the Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor). I’ve altered it a bit to make it even more healthy – it’s literally packed with nutritious goodness.
Without further ado, here’s how ya make it!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup orange juice (or cranberry, apple, carrot – your choice!)
- 1 whole banana
- 1/2 organic frozen mixed berries (add more for a fruiter flavor & color to trick the kiddos!)
- 1/4 cup organic yogurt
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lime
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbs hemp seeds
- 1 tbs raw pumpkin seeds, ground fine
- 1 tbs golden flax seeds, ground fine
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp barley powder
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 packet of Emergen-C
- 2 heaping handfuls of fresh, organic spinach
It may seem like a lot to put into a smoothie, but the health benefits are there! Of course, you don’t need to add all the powders and seeds – a simple green smoothie can be made with juice, water, fruit, honey and greens of your choice!
I love drinking out of these fancy glasses. Makes me feel like I am really
treating myself and reminds me that good health is a beautiful thing!
Do you make green smoothies? Please share your recipe below!